Skip to Content


Hawaii & Lillio Academy

Can I use Lillio Academy for PD hours in Hawaii?

Yes! Lillio Academy courses are accepted by the Hawaii Department of Human Services and PATCH. Lillio Academy courses that are +1.5 hours can be used as voluntary professional development hours. Lillio Academy is not approved for Infant & Toddler accreditations, as this training must be completed live. 

Please Note: All Webinars and Lillio Basic Courses must NOT be submitted to your registry. They do not meet specific learning requirements for the state and will not be accepted if submitted.

Sign up for Lillio Academy to complete your professional development hours at your convenience! You can work at your own pace from wherever you want. Once you complete a course, you can download your certificate!

Hawaii Child Care Training Requirements:

In accordance with Haw. Code R §17-895-16(i), staff growth and development is encouraged but not required by the state. Center directors are responsible for making information about workshops, seminars, training sessions, or other courses available to all staff and volunteers. 

All staff members are required to complete 30 hours of coursework in infant and toddler development from an accredited teacher training institute or program. Within two years of completing coursework, providers are required to complete 15 hours of annual infant and toddler training. 

At least one provider present at a center must be trained in child CPR and first aid. First-aid training must be renewed every three years, and CPR certification must be renewed annually. 

Click here to learn more about the courses Lillio Academy offers that cover required training topics! 

Is there funding available for Lillio Academy in Hawaii?

A scholarship fund is available to individuals taking college-level courses in early childhood education or trying to obtain or renew a Child Development Associates (CDA) credential. Information and contact for child care training and scholarships for child care providers, offered by PATCH (People Attentive to Children), can be located at the following website:

Opening a facility or beginning work in the childcare field:

If you are interested in opening a child care program or working in the child care field, please contact your state licensing agency for your state's specific requirements, rules and regulations. The Hawaii licensing website can be found here.

Last Updated: May 2024

Though Lillio attempts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, educators are individually responsible for understanding the submission and approval process of all professional development and licensing work in their state.

Browse Courses