Skip to Content


Massachusetts & Lillio Academy

Can I use Lillio Academy for PD hours in Massachusetts?

Yes! Lillio Academy is IACET certified, and the Massachusetts Early Education and Care (EEC) accepts CEUs as EEC Professional Qualification Units.

Please Note: All Webinars and Lillio Basic Courses must NOT be submitted to your registry. They do not meet specific learning requirements for the state and will not be accepted if submitted.

Sign up for Lillio Academy to complete your professional development hours at your convenience! You can work at your own pace from wherever you want. Once you complete a course, you can download your certificate! 

Massachusetts Child Care Training Requirements:

In accordance with 606 CMR 7.09, professional development hours are required to match the number of hours worked.

  • Educators working fewer than 10 hours per week shall complete a minimum of 5 hours of professional development activities per year;

  • Educators working at least ten but fewer than 20 hours per week shall complete a minimum of 12 hours of professional development activities per year; 

  • Educators working 20 or more hours per week shall complete at least 20 hours of professional development activities per year. 

Topic areas include the following:

  • Child growth and development, birth - eight years

  • Planning programs and environments for young children 

  • Curriculum for early childhood settings 

  • Child and classroom management 

  • Advanced or specialized early childhood education or development 

  • Children with special needs, birth through 16 years 

  • Infant and toddler development, care, and program planning

  • Health and safety in early childhood 

  • Families and community 

  • Child care policy 

  • Supervision or staff development in early childhood education 

  • Child observation, documentation and assessment 

  • Child care administration 

At least one-third of the required professional development must address diverse learners. 

Opening a facility or beginning work in the childcare field:

If you are interested in opening a child care program or working in the child care field, please contact your state licensing agency for your state's specific requirements, rules, and regulations. Massachusetts licensing website can be found here.

Last Updated: May 2024

Though Lillio attempts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, educators are individually responsible for understanding the submission and approval process of all professional development and licensing work in their state.

Browse Courses