Skip to Content


Northwest Territories & Lillio Academy

Can I use Lillio Academy for PD hours in the Northwest Territories?

Yes! Lillio Academy Certificates are accepted by the Department of Education, Culture, and Employment.

Sign up for Lillio Academy to complete your professional development hours at your convenience! You can work at your own pace from wherever you want. Once you complete a course, you can download your certificate! 

Northwest Territories Child Care Training Requirements: 

Currently, Educators in the Northwest Territories (NWT) are recommended to seek professional development opportunities with no set time requirement. The NWT has set out the 2030 Early Learning and Child Care Strategy in which they have made commitments for the next ten years: 

  • Improving the affordability of early learning and childcare

  • Supporting the creation and sustainability of licensed programs

  • Enhancing inclusion and participation

  • Fostering a qualified early childhood workforce

Click here to learn more about the courses Lillio Academy offers that cover a range of training topics! 

Opening a facility or beginning work in the childcare field:

If you are interested in opening a child care program or working in the child care field, please contact your state licensing agency for the specific requirements, rules, and regulations of your state. The Northwest Territories licensing website can be found here.

Last Updated: May 2024

Though Lillio attempts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, educators are individually responsible for understanding the submission and approval process of all professional development and licensing work in their state.

Browse Courses